Selecting and collecting bass lures is almost as enjoyable as fishing them. But which lures catch the most bass? We broke down the top 5 bass lures based on their proven ability to catch bass, their versatility, and the opinions of many professional bass fishermen. If you are looking for more information on the best of a specific type of lure, then select one of the categories from the Top Lures drop down menu above.
Undoubtedly, number one is the rubber worm. No other bass lure is as versatile as or more attractive to bass than a soft plastic worm. This is because they are so lifelike, and when engulfed by bass feel like natural food. They are available in a wide variety of designs and dimensions, so you can choose the best size, style, and color for the conditions you’re fishing. When it comes to worm selection, our number one recommendation is the Senko Worm by Gary Yamamoto. For a color we suggest green pumpkin black flake.
There are many ways to effectively rig rubber worms, and how you choose will be based on the depth of the strike zone. The Texas rig, Wacky rig, Carolina rig, and the rig are all very popular techniques that have been proven to be highly effective in worm fishing. But of all the rigs, the Texas rig is the most common. This rig is completely weedless, making it a great choice for entering the deep cover where bass like to hide.
There are several types of kayaks available which is why choosing the best inflatable kayak in 2015 is very important. There are traditional, sit-on-top, pedal, twin hull and outrigger, fishing, standing-up paddling, and military style kayaks. Below we curated our top reviews, video guides, and other useful tips to help you choose the right inflatable for the money.
The Coleman QuickPak K5 Kayak is a great kayak especially for beginners.
- 1 Person inflatable kayak with grab and go backpack storage system
- 1000D Polyester bottom laminated with 24-gauge PVC
- Double-lock and mini double-lock valves prevent accidental air loss
- Large storage area, multiple D-rings, and bungee lacing
- 250-Pound capacity, measures 10-Feet by 3-Feet
The Stearns Spree Inflatable Kayak is another great option if you have just started out in the world of kayaking.
- Patented three-chamber air system provides added safety, the two main chambers are fully enclosed to provide a rigid body when inflated
- The spray deck keeps the paddler dry all day long and can be conveniently rolled back when it is not needed
- Highly visible and easy to inflate and deflate
- Mesh zippered pocket is perfect for storing gear, valuables etc. while paddling and elastic cord and D-rings can be used to tie gear down while traveling
- Size: 11’7″ x 35″ – 31 lb., Capacity: 2 Persons